Galacticaa Widget 2.0

August 10, 2005 at 1:20 pm | Site News

The new version of the Galacticaa Dashboard widget is now available!

Galacticaa 2.0

We originally planned to release this widget at the very start of Season 2, but it took a bit longer to develop than we had expected. But those of you who downloaded our original Season 2 Countdown widget should be very pleased.

Here’s a quick list of features:

• Get the scoop on the next episode of Battlestar Galactica!
  • Get episode name, summary, photo, and airdate for each new episode
  • Display time remaining until the next episode of Galactica starts (optional)
  • Customize episode start time to match your preferred viewing time
  • Find out if the next episode is new or a repeat
  • Relish in the BSG-inspired interface, including cut corners!
  • …and a few surprises!

Special thanks to Ted O’Connor, Chris Radcliff, Danny Markham, and David Bills for extensively beta-testing this widget.

Download Galacticaa 2.0

6 comments on “Galacticaa Widget 2.0”

1. Didymaion says:

I love this thing; the next best thing to BSG is the anticipation of the next episode, and this conveys it in such a polished little package.

2. Stephanie Harvey says:

I love the widget, except for the fact that every time I call up the dashboard the air time has switched back to 10PM. I keep setting it for 9PM and it will not stay

3. crashdown says:

How do you resize the widget? I can’t seem to get it to change it’s size

4. Galacticaa says:

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

Stephanie — looks like you found the first official widget bug! I’ll fix this and release a new version in a few days.

crashdown — the widget isn’t resizeable, but you shouldn’t need to ever resize it.

5. Galacticaa says:

Just released a new version of the widget which fixes the bug you discovered, Stephanie. Thanks for bringing that issue to our attention!

6. Jason says:

I’ve downloaded the 2.1 widget and am getting no countdown, no info on next episode and it doesn’t retain the start time of the show. I’m running Mac OSX 10.4.6. Is there something I’m missing, or is this the surprise? ;0)

Comment on this post: