Most of this podcast centers around how ‘Resurrection Ship’ — which was originally conceived as a single episode — became a two-parter.
Here are a few of the more interesting highlights:
• The original version of ‘Resurrection Ship’ was 20 minutes long… a huge amount of extra footage, which eventually became part of the 2nd episode.
• RDM almost says “Picard” when talking about Adama’s motivation in a scene
• The ‘Case Orange’ codeword refers to a Navy battleplan during World War II
• The ‘Downfall’ codeword refers to a movie about the last days in Hitler’s bunker. (He’s probably referring to this film.)
• The “terminate Adama’s command” is an homage to a similar scene from Apocalypse Now where Harrison Ford gives instructions to Martin Sheen’s character.
• RDM reveals that Number Six was originally present when Baltar gave Gina some clothes, but they eventually cut her out of the scene because it muddle the emotional intent of the scene.